Application Process — Doctor of Education
- Fall/Summer Admission — April 1
- Fall Cohort Admissions — June 15 (Learn more about the Ed.D. cohort option (PDF).)
- Spring Admission — Nov. 1
Prerequisites for Admission
- A master's degree or approved equivalent
- A cumulative grade-point average on all graduate work attempted of at least 3.25
- Professional experience in a college, university or other relevant setting
Instructions for applying to the Doctor of Education Program are outlined below.
First — Apply for admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School by:
- Complete a Graduate School Application for Admission and paying a $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Upload transcripts. For evaluation purposes, an unofficial copy of transcript(s) are acceptable. Instructions for uploading transcript(s) will be sent to when the application is processed. If admitted, official transcripts with degree confirmation will be required.
- Send official GRE or MAT score directly to the University of Arkansas.
- Secure at least 3 supporting recommendations. Provide the contact information of the references as part of the Graduate School Application for Admission.
Second — Apply for admission to the Higher Education Doctor of Education Degree Program by:
- Completing a Higher Education Doctoral Program Application for Admission (PDF).
- Submitting a Statement of Interest (PDF).
- Submitting a current resume or curriculum vita.
- Submitting a writing sample (3-15 pages). Sample should provide a strong example of academic writing, such as an article, research paper, or other type of scholarly paper. Please do not submit work that does not reflect academic writing (e.g., marketing brochure).
- These materials should be sent to RHRCgrad@uark.edu.
Finally — You may be invited to interview with the Higher Education faculty. This interview might be held in person, via video conference, or on the telephone.
For questions concerning the application process, please contact:
Sandra Ward, Coordinator of Graduate Student Services